Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"There is love of course. And then there's life, its enemy." ~ Jean Anouilh

How did I let it happen to me? I believed it all. I wanted it so bad that I ignored that small voice that kept telling me that this will never end good. The odds were against me, I knew this. I have seen this situation with others and looked on and said to myself, " How could she not know it would be like this? She knew what she signed up for from day one." Yet, here I am, alone, again. Nothing but a huge void inside me. I can't sleep, I can't eat, and I take no pleasure in anything. I can't cry on anyone's shoulder, because I kept this secret in hopes that it would be worth it in the end. He promised me it would be. I stood by silently for years in the shadows. Believing that one day I would be able to step out into the light and have the life I have longed for. The life he told me he longed for as well, with me. Now I must still stay in the shadows, with my pain and my shame. Silently weeping, knowing that I was a fool for believing that love was meant for me. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home